YOUR SOLID CHOICE
For Timber Flooring
Solid timber is beloved for its long-wearing nature and stunning aesthetic appeal, it has remained popular through the ages and decades. As time has come on, the quality of timber, fit and finish has only improved.
There are a huge number of reasons to chose solid timber and some of these Advantages include:
- Vast amount of species — including breathtaking native Australian species such as Tasmanian oak and Brushbox — to choose from
- Suitable for all woodwork joints
- Almost endless range of grains, textures, and colours to choose from
- Takes finishes and adhesives well
- Can be refinished
- Long-lasting (when properly cared for, solid timber is notorious for its ability to last for generations)
- Environmentally friendly
- Suitable for any design trend
- Great for allergy sufferers
- Timeless appeal
- Sense of elegance, luxury, and sophistication
- Arguably the most beautiful option in terms of flooring
In addition to our vast selection of solid timber flooring, we also offer engineered timber, a type of flooring that is experiencing a huge surge in popularity thanks to its unique features.
Engineered timber looks exactly like solid wood, but is faster to install and less likely to succumb to moisture damage.
How does engineered timber manage to look exactly like solid timber flooring? Because it is solid timer, or at least partially. Engineered timber features a real layer of solid timber on top and bottom along with layers of plywood in between. The result is a long-wearing, visually stunning, cost-effective option.
Benefits of engineered timber include:
- Installation Versatility – Engineered timber can sometimes be installed in areas considered unsuitable for solid hardwood. These areas include rooms at risk of humidity or temperature changes such as basements, over concrete floors, or over radiant heating systems.
- Increased Ease of Installation – Budget-focused homeowners are often thrilled to find out they may be able to install engineered timber themselves. This can save a significant portion of money while still offering a stunning final result.
- More Affordable – Generally, engineered timber tends to be more affordable than solid timber. When using a professional contractor, engineered timber is also less expensive to install.
- No Sub Floors Required – Forget the need for plywood subfloor! If your space has concrete subflooring, engineered timber can often be installed directly over it. This can save time, hassle, and money.
- Versatile and Aesthetically Appealing – Just like solid timber, engineered timber creates an inviting, warm, sophisticated, luxurious atmosphere that meshes effortlessly with a variety of design preferences. Whether you are going for a modern feel, farmhouse style, or rustic look, engineered timber can complement just about any design you have in mind!
- Vast Array of Colour Choices – Thanks to its rapidly increasing popularity, advances in the manufacturing process have creates a wide range of gorgeous options to choose from.
- Impressive Stability – With its perpendicular layers, engineered flooring is typically more stable. This also makes expansion and contraction less of a risk.
- Option for Refinishing – Typically, engineered timber can be refinished at least once (sometimes more) during its lifetime. To be certain, double check the floor’s specs.
- Environmentally-Considerate – While timber products are hailed as one of the most sustainable flooring options, engineered timber takes the term “environmentally-friendly” a step further. Since it uses thinner layers of real wood, it requires less wood than solid timber. This means one tree can go further in terms of how many boards it can produce, making the most of this precious resource.
- Better for Your Health – With its ability to add a nature-like atmosphere to your home or business, engineered timber can be a great tool for reducing stress. Also, it does not harbour mould, pollen, dander, or dust, making it ideal for allergy sufferers.
- Low Maintenance – Engineered timber is easy to care for. Regular vacuuming and sweeping go a long way to keeping engineered timber sparkling and beautiful. Avoid generic detergents, wipe up any spills immediately, and you will be well on your way to easily maintaining stunning floors for years to come.
- Enhance Your Space – Engineered timber can help smaller spaces feel larger and enhance any space in your home or office.
- Water-Resistance – With its water resistant capabilities and excellent durability, engineered timber can make a lovely addition to kitchens and dining rooms where scratches and spills are almost guaranteed to occur. With its hard-wearing surface, it is also well suited to high traffic areas.
SOLID IDEAS FOR
Your Timber Flooring
Over the years we have completed a number of flooring projects involving a wide range of timber products. We know that there are a wealth of ideas to help you guide your final flooring decision.
Get some timber ideas and inspiration below!
WE CAN ANSWER
All Of Your Flooring Questions
Our experts at Tweed Coast Carpets are here to help with any questions you have on this high-tech, low-fuss flooring option.We value the partnership with our customers to get the very best results and make sure you are happy with the end product. Sharing our expert knowledge with you to bring your new project to life.
Contact us today to see if either engineered floors or solid timber would be a good fit for your space, needs, and style.
GET A QUOTE
Contact Us Today
Whether you are planning a small scale project, an extensive upgrade, or just have some general flooring questions, our talented industry experts are looking forward to helping you get started.